Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
If I was making a thousand a week the cost to burn in would drop to <<$1.00 per cable.

This is the real world. Many products are burned in and they don’t just turn them on, they monitor them too, even inexpensive items. That is manufacturing and is done day in and day out and none goes out of business because of it. If some companies are doing it, they obviously feel there is marketing value in it. It would be a upper mid to high end feature sell, not a Blue Jeans cable sell, i.e. > $500. $80 cable vendors are normally not talking about burn in at all, nor are their customers.

There is nothing fantastic about this. It is done day in and day out.
Morrow offers this service for about $30 bucks for three days and then charges in $10 increments for extended lengths of time. The fee is the same if you buy one cable or a full loom. 

Many dealers offer these services as well. Not much here to argue about really.
@atdavid...just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your post. Welcome aboard.
Many dealers offer these services as well. Not much here to argue about really.
I am glad you agree with me. It proves nobody is doing it for free because it costs actual money. I doubt anyone who bought a pair of interconnect from Morrow that cost 80 dollars a pair would pay $30 for burn in, and to be honest, it probably makes no difference if it’s a 80 dollar interconnect. Now on the other hands, Morrow is selling a $5000 dollars interconnect, then sure $30 dollar of burn in fee is perfectly reasonable.

Imagine if you’re QED selling a pair of interconnect for $100 dollar per pair, $30 dollars of burn in cost will go real well I suppose :-)

Im not sure that it proves nobody is doing it for free as I have not done any research on this but my first google search turned up this:

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/free-cable-burn-in

I’m sure there are others. You have peaked my curiosity however so next time I speak with Mike I’m going to ask him how many people buying his lower priced cables purchase the burn in service. The answer might be surprising.