Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
I read somewhere that soaking your speaker wire in cat urine for 24 to 48 hours will eliminate the need for "burn in".  Something about the pheromones in the urine acting as a catalyst that causes the copper to deionize allowing the copper atoms to perfectly align in a way that provides purer harmonic resonance.  Be careful not to let them soak for too long though, otherwise they begin to produce an annoying hiss.  

Actually, I didn't read that.  I just made that up.  Some guy probably read as far as "hiss" and is now enthusiastically squeezing his cat over a bucket.  

Kidding aside, if speaker wire "burn in" is really required, wouldn't it make sense for the manufacturers to "pre-burn" the wire before shipping?  Seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to do and would prove to be good selling point.  They can even pre-burn it based on musical genera.  The blue spool was pre-burnt with smooth jazz, the red spool with classic rock, etc.  Just a thought.  

A most entertaining and illuminating thread here. Decided to bi-wire my speakers. Bought some new, high-ish end cables for the purpose. Well, they sound wretched: shrill on top, muddy on bottom, with a vacancy in the middle where all the sweet things live. Vocals sound more mumbled than sung, and all the instrumental nuance and detail I've come to expect in highly familiar recordings has disappeared.

Naturally my first thought was, these cables need a break-in period. Which led me to this forum. Today will be Day Four with the new cables, and again tonight I will play some reference material, listening for improvement. Connections are perfect on both ends. Amp and speakers are tried and true. So I see only three possibilities. One, these cables are simply junk. Two, the break-in will take a while. Three, I am absolutely crazy; my memories of good sound are an illusion, and nothing will happen except my audioneural wiring will adjust to regard noise as music, creating the false impression that the cables have "burned in."

You'll forgive me if I'm hesitant to embrace Explanation Three as some commentary here implies that I ought to.  

Four: mismatch between the electrical parameters of your new cables and your existing equipment.  Highly praised cables in certain systems will sound like crap.

Can you leave your system playing 24 hrs/day, at a low level?  With just a couple of hours a day, break-in will take for ever.

Aha, thanks. Do you think the burn-in CD mentioned by some here will speed the process? Apparently it costs only $20 as against $1K+ for Cable Cooker. I do leave FM radio playing during most waking hours: analog tuner, tuned to NPR, which includes some quality musical programming. 
:-)

catmandude4 posts10-27-2019 8:42pmI read somewhere that soaking your speaker wire in cat urine for 24 to 48 hours will eliminate the need for "burn in". Something about the pheromones in the urine acting as a catalyst that causes the copper to deionize allowing the copper atoms to perfectly align in a way that provides purer harmonic resonance. Be careful not to let them soak for too long though, otherwise they begin to produce an annoying hiss.