Subwoofer rumble issue

I’m having a hard time solving a problem that seems to come and go. My subwoofer will rumble uncontrollably when playing records at a higher volume. If I turn the volume down sharply it goes away but when I creep the volume back up it comes back. I’ve tried isolating my turntable as much as possible with diy books, isolation feet, etc. (I don’t want to buy an expensive isolation platform unless that really is the issue.) Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Thx!
paulgardner
@georgehifi you were spot on. Stylus resting on a still record then tapped the plinth and the sub rumbled like crazy. Would a subsonic filter fix this or what’s the best solution in you eyes? 
Hint: don’t tap the plinth whilst music is playing. Hint #2: that’s exactly what isolation is - a subsonic filter! Problem solved! 🤗
@geoffkait thanks for the tips 👍 I’ve ordered a subsonic filter. Hope that does the trick!
Paul, as Bob Dylan says at the end of his records, best of luck to you.
paulgardner OP10 posts
11-18-2019 5:27am@georgehifi you were spot on. Stylus resting on a still record then tapped the plinth and the sub rumbled like crazy. Would a subsonic filter fix this or what’s the best solution in you eyes?
There you are.
The the initial sound of the "donk" tap of your finger is the first mechanical starter vibration, but the growing intensity of the following earth quake rumble is "air-born" feedback, which you have end of story, don't listen to others trying to sell you stuff like special voodoo springs ect. 

You can hang your turntable as I even tried from the ceiling on fishing line and it will still happen.

The only way is to get rid of the broad band frequency that’s doing it (the sub) notch filter may help a little, but it needs to be board band, may as well not have a sub then. No isolation BS in the same room is going to be a fix for this, if hanging the turntable in the air couldn’t fix the problem.

Or move your turntable to a place where the air-born vibrations can’t get to it as much, which is what I did, in the next room. Then I could wack the plinth even harder and only get the initial "donk" sound nothing after it. Then my system sounded awesome in the bass, you won’t believe it, I had sub bass unit’s <60hz (2 x Kef B1814 in 11cuft enclosures each) that were flat to 19hz!!!! Those bass drivers made the Kef B139 look like tweeters

Cheers George