new GAN amplifier

LSA Voyager GAN 200.

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/lsa-electronics

200w into 8 ohms

400w into 4 ohms

???w into 2 ohms

128x128twoleftears
Also note this difference between the two taken from a seminar on Mosfet V Bi-Polar (BJT), which to me gels with what I notice/hear.
"BJTs tend to have better, more linear gain characteristics…and can give you a lot higher voltage gain than MOSFETs.…They're also able to handle higher output currents…and have a lower output impedance.…That gives BJTs a huge advantage over MOSFETs…for building amplifier circuits…that need to provide a significant amount of output power…and or drive loads that have low input impedance.…MOSFETs are going to have a harder time…driving a low impedance load…because they have a higher output impedance.…"
Cheers George
I am going to go out on a limb and say you wouldn't know without being told if the amplifier had FETs, BJTs, etc.   Topology is going to make far more difference to the sound.
Maybe, if those listeners don't know what to listen for.
But for those same listeners short term living with each amp, listening to many albums over a few days you eventually would pick it, especially if the speakers are hard to drive.

Cheers George
How can you know "what to listen for" wrt transistor type when you don't even know the underlying amplifier topology and distortion mechanisms, intentional voicing, damping versus frequency, bandwidth, etc.   You simply can't.  You can't take something you heard on a limited set of products and apply that to all products.

How can you know "what to listen for"

There’s a post a member put up a couple of weeks ago (go find it), who does mods for his customers, where he takes a Mosfet amp removes the complimentary N/P channel Mosfet output stage and replaces it with complimentary NPN/PNP Bi-Polar (BJT), and he and his customers say it all in their description of the sound change.

That’s why I said if you live with the two for a while you will hear the difference.

If you read what was said at the seminar, you can apply that to what you might hear, again especially on the harder to drive speakers.

I hear Mosfets into my hard to drive speakers as "polite" but a bit of a "yawn" that lack that punch, drive, boogie factor, and an openness that BJT’s have that can also be detrimental with bad recordings.
Some call it "Mosfet Mist" other call it "Tube’ish" I think maybe it’s because they aren’t as linear as BJT’s just like tubes with with 2HD as outlined in the seminar.

Cheers George