My Venture into Hifi with Vandersteen Model 1

First off I must truly say how much I love this form and the wealth of information, the members provide. I was lucky to pick up a pair of Vandersteen Model 1 Speakers for a prayer. Lets say they were almost given away. The aesthetics of the speakers are I would have to say about a 9, seems as though they were frozen in time. I do not know much about these particular speakers. My question to the knowledgeable members out there, are these speakers any good and are they worth giving a go! I was planning on using them with my McIntosh MC30 tube amps. I got these from my Step father, he no longer has any use for them and figured I would like them. I guess I will hang on to them for a while and see how the Vandersteen sound with them.

Any input will be well appreciated.

Thanks
dhunte21
The VS 1B was my first speaker which satisfied me for 15 years combined with a Denon integrated. I never thought about an upgrade. Then some audiophile "friend" came along and ruined me and my wallet:-) I still have the 1B's and they still sound great.
But your not selling the Alexandrias, right? Actually, I did get my brother into a pair of 1Cs with Rotel integrated and CD and he is perfectly happy with no intentions of becoming an audiophile or opening his wallet anymore, he already feels that what he spent is ridiculous. Vandersteen new his market well, and now with the 5s and 7s, he pretty much hits all the market segments across the line.
Hey Pubul57.....Nice correction. The Vandy 1C's are indeed quite easy to drive with low power tube amps. My 55 watt Rogue Audio Cronus really matches well with them, and I've heard them sound fantastic with an old pair of 20 watt Bedini tube amps. They are truly wonderful sounding musical speakers, and they get better and better with upgrades to the front end. Happy Listening !
Then I think OP is in for a real treat, if you can't tell, I really love the idea of those amps! and it sounds like the price was right for the combo!!
Hey (again) Pubul57....... My compliments to you. Your system must sound absolutely wonderful ! You should be quite proud about what you have assembled. Bravo !