What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
I was at a live performance this weekend at the local symphony hall and one of the things I was taking note of was dynamics.

My thoughts at the end was that not all live (or recorded) performances are equally "dynamic". The venue size, acoustics and where you are listening from are big factors.

At this particular event, the sound quality was very good but nothing that a good home system of most any ilk would have any problem matching, at least in most peoples rooms at home.

I have been to other performances where the dynamics were absolute top notch and also then came home to find my rig to be up to the task of delivering equal results in terms of dynamics within the confines of my various listening room.

I have no horns.

I have also heard some top notch horns that absolutely sparkled and were jaw dropping in regards to dynamics and ability to generate musical involvement.

So my current assessment is that yes horns are a good way to achieve excellent dynamics but are not the only game worth playing for most in that regard.
Mapman, obviously any duplex or coaxial horn speaker is the exception to what you say as are single driver horn speakers.

The Feastrex 5" field coil driver has great promise, but even there I don't expect that they can ever get great bass out of it.
Mapman, I completely agree with your assessments, although, I still do not think those "non dynamic" live performances are easily duplicated by a system. But it can be close. Whenever I listen, tweak and/or evaluate a system, I bring along two Sheffield Labs recordings. The Drum and Track record, and Prime Cuts. I have used these for years. They show me immediately all strengths and weaknesses in a system. I use these as a reference because of my familiarity with them and, my liking of them. Once I approach my preferred listening levels, it is quite amazing what findings become apparent.
Since the discussion revolves around dynamics.

I'll just mention that the Sheffield Labs Drum Track XRCD is a good way to compare speakers for dynamics. Horns or no horns it takes considerable engineering/technology to play these drum tracks cleanly (no audible distortion) with brief but sustained levels over 110 db SPL at the listener, as measured with a Radio Shack meter on C weighted.