Dreaming of a DIY 8W Class A amp designed by Nelson Pass?

I've never built one, or heard them but this kit looks fun as hell, and includes everything you need:

https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/frontpage/products/amp-camp-amp-kit?variant=7072933085218
erik_squires
@robeswi

Thanks for the information!

I’m going to build a dual mono set.  The stereo version sounds great with a small wide band monitor I designed and built.  I think a dual mono set driving a pair of 8” wide band speakers in a larger room will be awesome.  The BK-20 Kit that @schwartz36 mentioned might be a solution.

It would be wonderful if we could share photos of our ACA builds.  I see some on the DIY site, but I’m sure there are more.
they alll seem somewhat sterile and lifeless. IMHO, they all need a tube preamp to warm them up
@lou_setriodes Nelson understands the importance of lower ordered harmonics since you can't eliminate distortion altogether (this is a lot bigger topic than there might be room for on this thread!). So his stuff doesn't have that dryness to which you allude above. But a good tube preamp shouldn't be particularly warm- just neutral :)
I just ordered a pair of Chinese Zerozone 24Vdc/5A linear power supplies to compare to the stock Meanwell SMPS.  I've queried the ACA DIY forum thread for experience with LPS substitutions, but to no avail.  We'll find out shortly.  
@dgarretson 

Please keep us posted!  I might upgrade the power supplies on my dual mono build and I’m extremely interested on your thoughts.