New SR Orange fuse ...

Ok, for those who have been waiting with bated breath, the new fuse I've been beta testing is the new Synergistic Research ORANGE fuse. 

Price for either size, large or small, will be $159.95 and will be available in all values. Available through your dealer by the middle of the month. The 30-day return policy is still in effect. 

This new fuse has more impact on SQ than going from the SR Black fuse to the SR Blue fuse. For those of you who have made this change, you know that is saying a lot.

The new Orange fuse's main strength, as I see it, is the improvement in tonal accuracy. In addition, everything just flows better, with lower distortion, better three-dimensionality, and improved dynamics. 

This is a definite winner, for sure. Two thumbs up. 

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Do you have to buy the black and blue fuses first, or can you go straight to orange?
I wish I could justify the expense on a fuse... but I can't. However, wrapping masking tape around the glass part of an ordinary fuse yields a good improvement.
^^^ ... Yes, you have to buy the Reds, the Blacks and the Blues. This allows you to pass Go, and only then are you eligible to buy the Orange fuses. :-)

I suspect that the masking tape reduces micro-vibrations in the fuse. 

Frank 
The reason I found these premium fuses blow say a 1 amp fuse 
in a stock steel fuse is because the cheap fuses can vary up to 15%+ in accuracy ,where the premium fuse is within 1%.
on bigger slow blow you can only get saidvalues like 5 amp 
in a small fuse if it calls for a 1 amp ,I go 1,25 ampthis way it gives you a buffer. And I just bought for my Lampizator Amber3 dac the new orange it calls for a 3 amp 20 mm slow ,I put a 3.125 amp fuse.
these new orange fuses make your whole performance open up 
and sound more natural.   Another tip for DIY people the New 
VH Audio ODAM oil metalized poly capacitors are Great .and I have tried almost everything outthere over the years.
before going out and buying top $$ Copper foil Jupiter,Millflex  or Duelunds  these are exceptional ,not over large actually tighter wound and compact and put 1.0uf in my Dac, Stunning realism  even after 24 hours ,give them 100 hours ,and priced very reasonable vs the  Big $$ caps. Just check them out !!
What type of equipment is needed to hear the difference between Blue and Orange? I have Elac Navis speakers and an LKS dac. Am I going to hear a difference between Blue and Orange? I can get Blue for $92 and Orange for $157. Will it be worth it?
I just put an orange in my new Nord Ncore 500 amp.  Nord was including a blue fuse in their top of the line Ncore 1200 amp so if the mfr trusts them so can I.  Not exactly sure on the impact of the fuse as my amp is still in the break in period but everything sounds great to me.  Next up is a better powercord.