Initial impressions of the new PS Audio "Windom" download?

There has not been many comments on the new Windom download yet, unlike when Snowmass was first introduced. I'm not sure what to make of this; plus, there have been a few concerning comments about about treble brightness. I'm sitting on the fence right now, so I'm hoping for some helpful and informative comments.
mitchagain
@mitchagain 

Listening now to Tidal via Windom. Definitely not bright (in my system). If anything (again, in my system), it's a little reticent in the midrange especially with vocalists. Also true when playing my CD player through my DSD/Bridge II via coax IC.

Overall, the sound is very natural to my ears, not in the least edgy, a problem I fought for years. I use a strange mix of components due to a long search for components that play well together. If it helps anyone, I can list my equipment..

The bottom line is that I am enjoying digital sound more than I ever have before.

Best, Fred
I just checked the PS Audio forum and comments have started to flood in during the last 36 hours. There are many comments that the new download requires a break in period, which seems to defy logic; but, the anecdotal evidence certainly seems to support that theory.

As of now, there's no suggestions that this issue affects only the Sr versus Jr model, or vice versa. Maybe the next update will combine the best aspects of Snowmass and Windom!
Break in period for firmware/software?

thats a newbie, unless there are parts inside the dac that was laying dormant until the new firmware was released. I’d say it’s more ears adjusting to sonic changes from what they were familiar with hearing before.