Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
I decided to pick up a really good sub to augment the lower end of the Lore. The Lore has great bass, but lets face it, from 40hz down they roll off pretty quik.
The sub I got has a room correction EQ to correct for room accoustics and give a flat FR to 26hz.
Well, I figured that if I had to help the Lore in the bottom end, I could pick up a killer monitor that would perform with the Lore sonicaly.
One thing I haven't been able to get passed is the looks of the Lore. In satin black it is butt ugly.
With the kind of money I have in my system I want a nice piece of furniture to look at.
That's it! Just going in a different direction with my system. The lore sounds great, but if I have to augment them in the lower end, I might as well get a great monitor that will completely disappear.
Zman, wish I wasn't sleeping at the wheel when your Lore came up for sale. Since we're talking Tekton, can someone here help me out. I'm playing the 4.5 in desktop system with a Jolida FX10. I don't like the Electro Harmonix EL84s or their 12AX7s much. So, does anyone have recommendations? I called The Tube Store and was going to purchase the Genelex 84s and 12AX7s, but got talked into a 7189 Northern Electric Tube and wondering if I made a mistake? Well, I'll start finding out in a couple of days. Again anybody have experience with this tube or have other suggestions? I like slightly warm sound that is full. My Cary 280 has it, what can I do to help the little FX10?
I have two monitors to start with. The first is the Onix Reference 1. The second is a very lively monitor, the Triangle Titus 202.
I'm pretty sure that the Onix will fill the bill, but the Triangle is such a lively speaker that I just have to try it. If they don't work, I'll sell them and try something else.

Cpapace, I don't understand the comment you made. Could you explain. Maybe I've missed something.