DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
@jriggy   The upside of waiting will be getting the new board with the latest firmware pre-installed.
I purchased a new Denafrips Terminator with the new updated board from Alvin at Vinshine Audio in June of this year.  Alvin provided exceptional service in that purchase.  I have owned several high end dacs including Berkeley, Bricasti, and PS Audio.  In my system using the HDMI I2S from my Musica Pristina server, the Terminator just stomps the other dacs that I have had in my system.  It is so detailed and yet so easy to listen to.  I just never get fatigued with listening for hours.  The music just blooms!  I am am very highly pleased after months of ownership!  I know that digital changes rapidly, but I may very well be done.  I have absolutely no desire to upgrade at this point.