So just how much vinyl do YOU own?

Let's hear some numbers!

And when do you think you might have enough to last your lifetime?

Or is it like horsepower ... Too much is never enough!

Do you have regular clearouts or just keep adding until the floorboards start to creak!

All just for fun people!
128x128uberwaltz
I'm sure I've said this on other forums here but I have thousands...even after more than a few wholesale blood-lettings.  I've got the Monaural and early Stereo records my dad bought in the forties, fifties and sixties.  I started collecting for myself when the Beatles hit.  For a while, I worked at Tower Classical Records in Hollywood alongside my then future wife. Employee discounts.  Record Label Promotional Copies (which were always the first copies pressed). 
I updated my discontinued database recently to a new program and have already fallen behind due to receiving some records from my mother and I was surprised at how good some of her old vinyl stands up some of which I listened to years ago. It is nothing collectable, just what was probably mainstream classical and jazz for the average buyer in the '60s.

But even estimating that addition, I'm still safely under 500. However, in 2006 I only had 140 so there is that. I did abandon vinyl for the cd as a teenager and stupidly left 100 childhood rock records once when I moved to cull the cheesy stuff. Wish I had kept those!
It certainly does not help my cause  any when I visit an area for work and use the Discogs vinylhub function which shows me all the local shops.
Last night I found a fantastic store called Joseys Records in the North Dallas area.
Huge, friendly and MASSIVE record and cd selection.
Absolutely the largest rock selection I have seen.
So yes my wallet was a little poorer after this visit...lol.

Now all I have to do is summon the will power to not revisit this week.....