So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
A lot of the finer points written on this and other audiophile forums sail right past my limited understanding, but I would say that you might look for something solid and semi-manual from the 1970s and then put some money into a good (and compatible) cartridge, which is where the sound is really made. My Dual 704 with Shure V-15 III really sounds as good as I can possibly want; as does Sony 2251 w/Grace G840 tonearm and Stanton 681EEE. i also have Technics SL1401--built like the proverbial brick outhouse--which may be optimal with a medium-compliance cart (though it sounds good with my V-15 II). All tables above are trouble-free and dead-quiet. If the plastic base of the Dual gets you down you can spend more for a 701, mentioned by someone above. (The 704 has a better counterweight and VTA, if that matters.) The older mid-to-upper-end Yamahas, Kenwoods, HK/Micro-Seikis, Denons--all should do the job without breaking the bank. 
I am very pleased with my Sony PS-X60 (265 usd) from 1979 as far as I remember. I bought it two years ago and it works and plays wonderful after a simpel repair of the speed adjustment. It replaced a JVC QL-A7, which was nice too, but not as musical. 
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sony/ps-x60.shtml
Uber, what step down did you get?  I have a Japanese Onkyo SACD player that I need to get one for.
Uber, If your new QLA7 is built for 100V, then a step-down transformer is a MUST. Do not run your turntable on US 120V. I would not even plug it in until you have a stepdown. If you mismatch the voltages, the question is not "whether" but "when" you will have a failure. Sooner or later, you will. Second point, you say that you own or have ordered a "120W" (Watts) step down. This sounds suspiciously like it should read 120V (Volts). If it’s indeed 120 Watts output, then you are way in excess of what you will ever need. No problem. What you want is a transformer that takes 120Volts input and puts out 100Volts. And it is wise to have an excess of current capability over what the turntable draws. A plaque or label on the turntable chassis usually tells you the power consumption (in Watts). Typically the Japanese DDs draw less than 20W. I use a separate 50W stepdown for each of my (two) 100V Japanese turntables that require it. I bought them off eBay.