Atma-sphere Updates

As some of you know I have had a few pieces of equipment updated by the Atma-Sphere Crew. I picked them up on the used market. Otherwise, I’d never be able to afford such quality gear.  First would like to say I have never seen a company in which it’s employees take so much pride in their work.  Hats off to Ralph and everyone at Atma-Sphere. Best CS I’ve ever had with any company. And I do mean ever...
   Secondly I have had a pair of M60’s 3.0, and a pair of MA-1’s 3.1 updated to 3.3 versions. Also had Adam Hot Rod my UV-1 to the Hottest UV-1 ever built. A couple friends had MP-3’s updated to 3.3 status also. In each case of the Amps and MP-3’s they came back like a completely different piece of gear.  The updates  are such a difference it’s hard to believe it’s the same piece I dropped off.  The UV-1 was a big difference but not as dramatic. But it is a very simple bare bones circuit.  I would strongly suggest if anyone hasn’t updated to the current model 3.3 you really should. You will not be disappointed in anyway. Especially on the Amps, incredible. Also Ralph gives you a brand new 3 year warranty when you update. Pretty hard to beat that. It’s like having a new system. 
  Simply put the 3.3 update is incredible. Everything sonically is improved. Which makes for a dramatic presentation upgrade. Ralph took great pieces of gear and made them incredibly better. His 3.3 update was the biggest advancement I think he’s had in my opinion.  My MA-1’s will be my forever amps. Now I dream of owning an MP-3. 

Atma-sphere fanboy I am self admitted.... lol
128x128pstores
Sadly, my financial situation is such that AtmaSphere's products are out of my price range. From everything I have read, both from customers who use his products, and from Ralph's responses to threads reaching across the spectrum of products on this forum, he has shown himself to be gracious and humble when sharing his obvious solid understanding of audio gear. Kinda shocked to see someone being so bitter. And with all the countless bits of evidence to contradict this negativity, I am choosing to keep my feelings about AtmaSphere, Ralph, his team and their product/CS the same. One day, I hope to be the recipient of what so many have described and a great experience.

I have never read anything negative in Ralph's answers on A-gon and another site with an OTL specific area. He has made himself available to the community something I appreciate and respect. Thanks Ralph for everything you give to our community.
I, for one appreciate Ralph's contribution to this forum.  His technical insight is outstanding.  I have never read any response from Ralph that attacked another manufacturer or poster.  He will respond to technical matters in a technical matter.  That is not a negative.  I actually wish more manufacturers would contribute.  But, I can see  why most don't.  Unwarranted attacks.  

Ralph (and his company) are part of a very few that supports their products and will go out of his way to help customers.  He kept his calm when a person attacked him because he didn't supply his schematics.  No company in their right mind supplies schematics of current products.  Too much industry theft out there.  But, Ralph (suffering through the poster's attacks) calmly tried to help the person through his own issues.

I have been to many audio conventions and shows.  Ralph is one of the few that isn't stuck up, doesn't look down on people and will converse.

So, no, I am definitely not buying the complaint.  

There are manufacturers that I will simply no longer purchase equipment from anymore. They don't stand by their older stuff.  I can understand it if parts aren't made or available anymore.  One can warehouse only so much before it isn't cost effective.  I believe the rule for cars is that manufacturers are required to equip spare parts for cars for a certain amount  of years after that model is discontinued.

But to simply say, we don't support a piece of equipment (McIntosh MS 300/750 music servers for example), bu handing it over to a third party, watch that third party go out of business and not help their customers, tells me to stay away from McIntosh.  I know.  This is my choice.   My experience.  But, once burned......  I appreciate McIntosh products and quality.  However, they should have stepped in to assist their customers in this issue.  Instead, they ignored them (us).   not cool.

I have never seen or heard of Atmosphere (Ralph) not supporting their products. old or new..

enjoy
@Atmasphere
I have enjoyed your down to earth (layman), insightful with a touch of humor the way you explain things. I too have been trolled by a troll here at agon and consider myself in darn good company as I see someone as knowledgeable as you have also been trolled here.
I want to add to the comments about Ralph and Atma-sphere.
First, my MA-1 amps are a daily joy. There is indeed something magic to the sound, especially when the rest of the system is tuned to the amps. And the system tuned to the room. I cannot say exactly what it is, but the MA-1s add a kind of inner light to the music, very addictive. I have v3.2. Maybe 3.3 would sound even better.
Second, customer support from Ralph and company has been not just good, but outstanding. I always get informative and helpful answers to my mails. On issues concerning the whole system, not just the amps. Even when we don’t agree on all details (e g I think I CAN hear difference between different balanced cables) his views are always interesting and well reasoned, and usually agree with my experience.
My system was built, partly with the help of Ralph, to include Audiokinesis speakers, Aesthetix Io phono stage, Lyra Atlas on a Hanss TT-30, and an Einstein The tube mk2 preamp. Most of it my own idea. The speaker suggestion was from Ralph, and I have not regretted a single day. The amp/speaker matching is maybe the most critical part, to get the most out of the Atma amps.
I am happy to report that all the high quality firms making the products in my system - Lyra, Aesthetix, Audiokinesis, Einstein etc - have offered good support over the years. Yet Ralph is my favorite. Going far beyond "call of duty" and offering advice even though it concerns other products with no profit for Atma-sphere. This is great customer service.