Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
i've had the Lore since mid November and have put around 400 hours on them. they are driven by 250 SS watts fed by a ModWright pre and various digital front ends. i considered the Omen but bought the Lore, without hearing them after speaking with Eric, because of the perfectly benign 8 ohm impedance and front port design. my rig is in a 25x16x8 room, long wall setup, Cardas arrangement in a 9 ft equilateral triangle.

this is my first venture into high sensitivity speakers. other current speakers include ProAc and Silverline. i considered my other speakers a bit too 'polite' for much of the rock music i like to listen to at higher volumes. the Lore do not disappoint, they rock. the soundstage is as wide as the recording allows, the imaging and coherence is there, there is plenty of detail without being artificial.

i also have an el34 tube amp and an Peachtree idecco but have not tried either yet because i'm happy with the current setup. i would like to try a SET but am in no hurry.

the Lore certain does R&B, jazz, new age, electronica, ambient with equal ease. my son is a guitarist and music engineer, he says the Lore does guitar better than any of the other speakers i own.

as usual, YMMV depending on your room, system and ears. but for me, the $850 has turned out to be a boon given it is easily the least expensive component i own.

I'm highly interested in the Lore. Any more opinions on this speaker from recent buyers?
Zman -can't wait to hear about your impressions of the Lore. Congrats on your new speakers.
Ok, heres a short summary of my first impessions of the Lore's.
I will give a better review after break in.

Right out of the box they were very dark and compressed sounding. So I put some heavy hitting music (Tool) on and called a freind of mine to tell him how I think I made a mistake.
I was on the phone for about an hour and my friend assured me that new speakers need burn in.
In my mind, I couldn't see the speaker changing THAT much.

My previous speakers were Monitor Audio RS6's. That were very open and ballanced.
So I went back into my music room and set in the sweet spot and the differance was night and day.

So for the rest of the afternoon I was measuring the placement and laser aliegning the tow-in and yada yada.
After everything was perfect I sat down and listened to many CD's from Jazz to Rock to solo piano.

The soundstage was very wide and deep. The imaging was very pin point. They imaged much better than my RS6's.
The Lores disappeared like no other speaker I've heard.

The tonal ballance was beautiful. The Lores handled everything I threw at them and done it right.
They were delicate when they needed to be, and they were forceful and aggressive when called upon.
The bass is very full with out being obtrusive.
The male vocals never went into the bass department. That's a very good thing.
Well, thats all for now. I'm more than just a little stoked about these speakers. Eric's not getting them back.

Have a great day.
John