Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
I put my Lore order in 1/28 , Eric told me two weeks . The drop in price to 850.00 dollars was the deal clincher , considering I have not seen one reveiw bad or good on them .
Charlie.
Hi. I have my Lore's on order as well in beautiful white and he said they should ship next week. I have been speaking to a guy that has them and his impressions are favorable with about 120 hours on them. He is driving them with a SE84 Decware amp that puts out max 2 watts per side, with good results. Email me if you want to see his impressions. I wouldn't be too concerned with what the reviews say. I have used many loudspeakers over the past 2+ years, most of which have had excellent reviews, yet most of them left something to be desired. The high efficiency thing is really a benefit. I have owned:
MA 5i
Paradigm Studio 60 v4
Dynaudio Focus 220 II, Confidence C1, Audience 70 and 42
Von Schweikert VR4 Jr II
Quad ESL 989
PSB Synchrony One
PSB Gold Stratus I
Rega RS7
Silverline SR12
Martin Logan Ascent

Looking forward to hearing a single driver speaker and getting into SET and low powered amps! Remember, the reg Lore used an Eminence driver and is much like the well regarded Hammer kit - many people swore by it back when Eminence sold it with the modified driver. I will post a review at some point!! Looking to driver mine with a set of Quicksilver Mini Mites
Gpowered.
When you mention the Modified Eminence, what are the mods?
Eric also mentions the Eminence being slightly modified.
Thanks.
John
I am not sure exactly, but I have a local friend that has it. I will find out the details and post back. What I do know is the guy that ordered the mods for Hammer has passed on so Eminence is no longer making it to that past spec. Word is that is doesn't sound quite as good as it did before. We are hoping that Eric's Lore will be a step in the right direction. We will know shortly!
I got a pair of Lore speakers at the end of December. I have been a Magnepan user for the past 12 years. I've had MG1.6's and Magnestand MMGs in my system. Before committing to larger, more expensive models, I wanted to experience a high efficiency type speaker. I took a chance and ordered the Lore (I compared to the Omen but like some of the design decisions of the Lore better).

Waiting on the speakers was frustrating. I ordered mid October and expected them in a couple of weeks. Two months later when they arrived the grilles I had ordered were not included. At this point I was really not wanting to like the speakers.

An hour later I had a smile on my face. I'm really impressed by these speakers. The dynamics and quality of bass are much better than the Magnepans. Midrange and treble quality are about the same. I was worried they might have a "boxy" sound, but they do not. I was worried that the height of the speakers would be a problem but the acoustic center appears to be higher than the MMGs. From the box they sounded slightly "dark", but with break-in and tilting the speakers back slightly this has gone away.

The amp I'm using is a 500W class-D amp (purchased for the power hungry maggies). I would have thought this would be a terrible match for the Lores, but Eric told me that he expected them to be a good match. Based on this, I would expect most amps to sound good with these speakers.

I'm very pleased with my purchase at this point. Thoughts of upgrading to bigger Magnepans are gone. I'm not sure at this point what my next step will be. I had considered the lores to be a low cost test of high efficiency but they are good enough to stay in my system for a while.