Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Obviously you did something wrong. That’s kind of the way the cookie crumbles. 🤗
Thanks for the constructive feedback....maybe if I just turn my fuses around.....🎡
Guyz ... 

All of the changes & tweaks done to my system over the years have built upon each other. Each one has added more transparency, three-dimensionality and an overall sense of realism. With everything being added together, the overall system has been transformed to way beyond where I ever thought it could be. It seems as though the more good tweaks I add, the more obvious are the improvements attained from just one additional tweak ... like better fuses for example. The current fuses under evaluation are no exception.

We can start with a better rack. Then move on to effective room treatments. Then, macro/micro-vibration control. Then upgraded speaker cables, interconnects and power cords. Then there were several incarnations of after-market fuses. From there, I moved on to the PPT products, all excellent, but The Gate was the final icing on the cake (those who own one know what I'm talking about). All put together, the wow-factor in this system is unbelievable. Unless these details have been taken care of, there exists additional opportunities for added resolution in any system lacking them.

If anyone is thinking that anything used above was snake oil, I've got a bridge to sell you. For those of you who have paid attention to these details, you already know what I'm talking about. That's why this thread was titled "Something For The Fuse Guys."

If you cannot hear the improvements that upgraded fuses bring to a system, then again ... either it is your hearing, or your system that isn't allowing you to hear it. Nuttin' but the facts, my friends.

If any newbies want to know specifically what I've done in total, either check out my system page here on A'gon, or PM me. I'd be delighted to hear from you and offer any suggestions I can. 

Happy listening ... 

Frank