Will a 75x2 tube amp drive BW 804D?

Time to upgrade speakers. Listened to BW 803D. Too big for my small room (12x12). 804D sounded much better that the 805D. Will my CJ Premier 11A (cj pv12 pre) drive the 804D's? Kimber all around. Your thoughts will be much appreciated.
bogeybuster49
I listen to N803 spreakers with a BAT vk55se. My room is about 13x20 ft. I keep the decibles between 70-75. No problem driving the speakers.
I guess you'll miss quite a bit of definition and detail on this combo, cuz in order to hear something in 40hz ballpark you'll need at least 200wpc. Using tube preamp can partially leverage your aim for the tube sound.
I have to disagree w Marakanetz. Check out member Dougdeacon's system. He is driving 803Ds w a 60 wpc tube amp (2 el-34s per channel). The 804Ds are rated at the same 90dB efficiency as your 804Ds, in a smallish living room, maybe 14 x 16 or so. I've heard his system several times and I can tell you that the amp is more than capable of driving those speakers very, very well. I have the same amp and it does quite well w 89 db Merlins in a 14 x 23' room. Whether your amp and upstream components will deliver the undistorted signal that the 8XXd's demand is another question. If you have any HF nasties coming thru, they will reveal them ruthlessly. But as far as power goes, that should not be a problem. IMO, YMMV, etc, etc.