Ethernet Cable or Not?

Hey everybody,

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

I use an inexpensive WiFi receiver to send a signal to a Schiit Dac, then to my Integrated.

The wireless signal never lags/buffers, but sometimes music sounds better to me than others. Very well could be in my head, tinnitus intensity, etc.

Line of sight to my router is approximately seven feet, and a ten foot cable would do the job and for the most part be hidden.

Is a wired connection between a router and WiFi receiver the way to go if one is possible? Or if I’m not having buffering should I let it be? (I don’t own a cable to try but can pick one up if it’s likely to help of course.)

Thanks for the help!
uncledemp
My advice is to learn the difference between advice and advise. As such, I advise that this advice be adhered to when advising others or providing advice as an advisor. Failing this, lets just agree to use “advisce” for everything.
I’ve looked at some LPS options and they can get pricey.

Many options under USD $200. Single output units under $100.

You can go with an iFi switch mode wall wart for $49 to see if it beats the stock wall wart. Returnable, therefore minimal risk.
Post removed 
“If I upgrade my WiFi receiver to a Blusound Node2 would that be a big step up, or would the LPS still be needed?”

Node2 have been widely praised for its performance so I would say yes to better performance over your TB20. No LPS needed with Node 2, however upgrade from its stock PC is recommended. 

Something like this .....

http://www.cullencable.com/c7-power-cable/

If you choose to go Node 2 route, don’t forget the Supra Ethernet CAT8 Cable.