Reference 3a Grand Veena for a small room?

I have a relatively small listening room, about 10 wide by 12 deep with high vaulted ceilings. My setup is near field, sitting about 6 feet from the speakers, with a large overstuffed couch on the back wall.  I have always had small monitors (ls3/5a, kef, reference 3a, proac) and now have proac tablette anniversary., partly due to the room size and partly due to my love of soundstage and imaging, and no need to go loud in the small room.

I listened to a pair of reference 3a grand veenas (the older ones and not the be tweeter version) recently, loving them. Desire for ownership started to sink in.  But I began to wonder if my room is too small for them. 

and home editioning a pair likely to be impossible, partly due to my desire for the older non-be tweeter versions which would have to be purchased used.

certainly a small room limits the ability to play around with speaker positioning to find the perfect location. But this has not been an issue with the monitors, as I still have plenty of room to move them around to find the sweet spot.  Wondering if this would be an issue with the grand veena, with the rear facing bass port. Or any larger, floor standing speaker.

driving the speakers with el34 tube amps, the prima luna HP premium.

any advice is appreciated.

Bill
meiatflask
Ended up ended up passing on the grand veenas.  Casually looked for de capos used, but never ran across a pair.  No local dealer.

Home demoed a couple other brands from local dealers/friends. Presently trying something completely different: Magnepan LRS on the 60 day home trial.  Right now, I think I can live with the Maggies, but the jury is still out.  Trial ends beginning of October.  money saved will go toward a DAC or cables.
Both the GVs and the de Capos are worth keeping an eye out for IMHO.

Very investing on the LRS's.  I have also been thinking about checking those out in order to experiment with flat panels.  It sounds like you have some reservations.  What has your experience been?   
Meiatflask, if still interested  PM me,I have a pair of Nextel BE in near  perfect condition. I haven't heard the anniversary edition but can imagine. Tash is always improving.