Tool Fear Inoculum impressions

Who else thinks this is a masterpiece? Or, do you hate it? Your thoughts...
devilboy
Was not suggesting that you did not know that lowrider, did not mean any offense.

But I know some here do live and die by the numbers and have gone on record saying would never buy based purely on the numbers .
So far I've gotten through about  3/4 of it on the way home from work but what i HAVE heard made me either spontaneously drive off the road caught in the daze or partially loose the ability to control anything at all. In other words in made a huge impression in a very first listen which Tool has not been known for from past releases, st least not top me. I think it may become my favorite 😮 and I'll be the first to say that i never thought in a million years,  that would be the case. Aenima was brilliant but this might be better. I'd like to think that people who enjoy their music have grown just as much as the musicians themselves and expecting a rehash of the past is not something anyone should've been counting on, especially from Tool. Besides the overtly compressed mix,  the production isn't half bad i think but i have yet to actually sit down in front of an actual system and listen. In any case the new album did not disappoint. In fact, It's surpassed any expectations
@uberwaltz,  No offense taken. I know exactly what you meant. I'm with you 100%.

"Wink, wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more."

It’s a shame how compressed the new album is. Also sad how compressed the remasters for download are.
Looking at the DR DB it’s easy to see the affect of the Loudness Wars; Tool CDs released in the 90s have lower compression, thus better dynamic range. Albums released after 2000 are super compressed. It really hurts the music of a band like tool where there are polyrhythms which cant be fully appreciated, bass and kick drums compressed together, and vocals in the middle of it all.
Ironically, Maynard is a fan of vinyl.