magnepan experimenting

i have my modified mmgs performing pretty well. so tonite i turned them around to face wall with the metal perofrated side facing the room. this moved the tweeters to the inside configuration. they are on elevated stands and are braced also they sound very good but slightly more defined. can someone please explain what might be going on here? thanks
hotmailjbc
Hotmailjbc

Any rectangular room is a candidate for focal point speaker placement. This costs nothing to try. I tried it with my Acoustat speakers with very good results. If you have the room to move the speakers around I think its worth trying.

Another member posted the information on it.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1279867740
i,ve turned my mags around so the mylar faces the wall and they work great that way. still experimenting with toe in and placement
I didn't like them turned around personally. Left my 1.6's facing forward, but used a very low resistor. Around a .27-.33 ohm. Just enough to take off the hint of harshness. For me, a 1 ohm resistor sounded dull, and lifeless. Just my ears....which here changes exceptionally well.
I accidentally switched my left and right panels of my mg12's today and found that there was too much bass. Is there any reason for this or is it all in my head