Modding the Zu Omen MKII

Hi all

I am a bit courious as to if anyone else went down the DIY mod path with their Omens?

What are your experiences?

On my mod list (so far)
- New Double xover capacitators
- Adding a parallell resistor to the tweeter
- Stiffening of the cabinet
- Painting the insides with noise-x
- New internal cabeling
- New bolts and fastenings for main elements.

They now sound fantastic! And play in a different league!

And probably more mods to come! ;-)
zuangbro
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51dd8a95e4b0ff2f7c9874ae/1375402017818-HWRZ34HQIH0E405...

Do you set up the L-pad like this? 1+1 resistor, and 1 capacitor for each?

Sorry for all the questions, man, I don’t know jack ... I at least know basic soldering.
Yes, exactly like that! The cap is the same value you already have.

No worries, this is a bit outside most people’s comfort zone :-)

Thank you!

spoke again with radian. They said it would be fine if you’d make it fit. And they said performance would hardly if at all be affected. 

Also. Zu said the 850s would be hard to fit in there even with making a bigger hole. If at all possible. They said no. 
Just to be clear, I stuffed the 475-be drivers in there, using the linked bracket. (Or similar) It all fits with no mods, bracket is 1in internal diameter, fits with the Radian 475-be 1in exit. That assembly once mounted will screw right into the Omen MKII lens with female 1-3/8in threads.
The 850 will fit, but it will involve purchasing new (expensive) lenses from Zu, and some woodwork... 

There is no way back once you do that.

Using the 475-be’s it can all be returned to original, and you can sell the drivers separate if you like.