Audio Research VT100 MK1 and LS15 HELP!!!

I recently bought this set VT100MK1 and preamp LS15 and while I was at this seller house he demonstrated the sound from his online Tidal on TV connect optical to the DAC Luxman DA - 06 then this go to the preamp LS15 and out into the VT100. This set up sounds amazing at his house. However, when I came home play CD from the Sony X1100ES Blu-ray player RCA output into the LS15 and out to the VT100 and it sound horrible - no bass at all in any type of music.  The sound sometime muffle and not clear and most importantly the bass missing tremendously. Im using a pair of KEF R900 Speakers. What is wrong here? can anyone help me correct the sounds? it is because I didn’t have the Luxman DA - 06 DAC? or it is because I don’t have those fancy hundred - thousands of dollars cable?  or the CD source is playin at 41khz /16 bit not high enough signal?  

This is my first system and I don’t know why I can’t get that high fidelity sound from the ARC equipments.  I'm waiting for the Audioengine B1 to arrive so I can stream Spotify into the LS15.   What is wrong with my set up?  Thank you in advance for helping me solve this.
kentrent
I will take pictures of the back and set up so u guys can see when i get home from work today.  Some people on Facebook ARC fan group said I don’t have good speakers but I doubt it. What do u guys think? 
There’s nothing wrong with your speakers. I’ve heard the R900 with a 30W tube amp and it was a very pleasant listening experience. The R series is the entry-level for KEF, so there is some cost cutting to the cabinets and bracing, but not the drivers and crossovers. These speakers are revealing, dynamic and throw a huge soundstage.
Although listed as an 8 ohm speaker, the impedance curve indicates a large part of the all-important low and mid-bass frequencies are at about 4 ohms. So the 4 ohm taps should be tried first, as stated in the above comments.

@lowrider57 thanks for your input. I will try the 4ohm today.  This wont damage the speakers since it rated at 8ohm? 

The thing i discovered is when i connected to the Mac1500 (1965 model from mcintosh) and it does produces fuller bass and treble.  Sounds very nice using the same Blu-Ray player.  But using with the ARC the bass just strip down a lot. So im worry that maybe either the LS15 or the VT100 are having defects that im not aware?  I dont want to be negative and assume seller is selling because of this issue... but i just cant help it thinking about it.  
OK, that's a good start to troubleshooting, but since the Mac is a receiver you've removed both the amp and preamp from the system.
Have you re-seated all the tubes in both components? Gently wiggle them out (not all the way) and push them back into the tube sockets. There's also a good chance you've got a bad tube in one of the critical stages.

Can you call the seller and tell him what you are experiencing?