Tidal - why only remastered versions?

I am frustrated that when I listen via Tidal that only the remastered version of a cd can be found. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a copyright issue?  I often find the remaster to be worse than the original - particularly as digital gets better. 

Thanks. 
marklindemann
I noticed that Tidal offers remastered versions almost exclusively in the rock, pop genres. Sometimes an original release will show up in a search alongside a remaster. 

I love that Qobuz very often has both the original issue and a remastered version. They also include the release date on the cover art. If an album in the library has been remastered, the date is included. This is good info since some albums have been remastered several times. The only flaw in streaming these albums is the volume difference of the playback. Remasters are louder with heavier bass. Thanks, Loudness Wars.

I prefer original rock releases due to the low amount of mastering compression. Of course, some albums were poorly recorded and needed to be tweaked. 

With regard to classical releases, modern recordings are generally not remastered. They are already of high quality sound. Some record labels have issued hybrid versions containing a CD layer plus a SACD layer.

Many Deutsch Gramophone CDs from the early days of digital were remastered due to their terrible recording and mastering techniques.
This includes almost all the Karajan releases on DG. The word is he liked to be in charge of his productions.

Some are better and some are worse. Often the remastered version or original cd has been mastered with a compressed sound with lower bass and higher mids and treble. I suppose this is partly done to get a different sound that they can say has improved (false) clarity over the original.

Recently started to acquire vinyls again just to be able to listen to old favourites as they should sound. 

The Clash - London Calling, Lowell George - Thank's I'll eat it here, Supertramp - Crime of the century. Lou Reed - Rock 'n roll animal just four great examples.

Not all old vinyls are great though. Queen first sound as bad (distorted) on vinyl as on cd. It's a lottery.

My experience from newer recordings are so far that they seem more to be a direct copy of the cd. Same mastering. Same good or bad sound.
I tried streaming with both Tidal and Qobuz. My objection
was -They very often did not have rights to the one (best) 
album I was interested in. 
From a business perspective I know these companies want to
make an impression with how many artists they offer and apparently
one way is by not obtaining the rights to the best stuff they can lower
the acquisition cost. My theory anyway.
The fact that my service was down more often than up and the forum
you are referred to when customer service is required is a multi day 
process made me decide to cancel and wait for the big boys to do hi-res.
Then sign up with a professionally run organization. Amazon???
IMHO, Tidal wants to present the latest and "greatest" music available. They have bragging rights to the largest library and most famous artists in music.
So perhaps that means remastered releases are "the best." We were all fooled by this crap the industry sold us. That is until we heard the wave of remasters competing to see who was loudest.

I was taken by the newly remastered CDs.