Here is an interesting artist that's new to me, and I wanted to share his music.

Jon Batiste is a musician Rok just introduced me to. From the first notes he played, I knew he was from Louisiana, with out knowing anything else about him.

Here's his bio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Batiste

This is the tune Rok submitted;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCC1EEmJlo4

It was one I will eagerly add to my collection. I thought I would share this with other music lovers seeking new artists.
orpheus10

Katrina was Gods will, the wall is questionable; what was not Gods will was the response after the disaster. I saw that none response for three days on National TV.

If I tell you water is coming over a wall behind me, and you take a week to throw me a rope, you want me to drown.

I saw those bodies floating that should have long ago been safely rescued. I know the resources that were available for disaster that were never called upon and so does everyone else who was a medic in the Air Force, Navy, or the Army.

Did God will for the White House not to pick up the phone? Could the fact that most of the people suffering were Black have anything to do with it?

I, Orpheus, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed.

"That I will obey the orders of the President of the United States."

Somebody saved a few lives with a helicopter and was reprimanded because he didn't have orders.

@rok2id

"Beautiful music.  Typical left-wing liner notes."

We've already debated the political divisiveness that makes its way even into this otherwise wonderful forum.

Give it a rest rok.  It doesn't accomplish anything to say things like this.

Has Irma Thomas been mentioned? Love her, as does Bonnie Raitt and Lou Ann Barton.

Why does the Audiogon system unlined in red Raitt when I type it?!

***** Give it a rest rok. It doesn't accomplish anything to say things like this.*****

Your statement is truer than you might think.  This situation is common in real life, not just here.  My siblings and I have lost many, many 'friends', because we don't think like we are 'supposed to think'.

So, as the great Nez Perce Chief, Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt, popularly known as Chief Joseph, might have said, had he been into be-bop, "From where the sun now stands, I will comment no more forever".

Cheers