Acoustic treatment

I want to build my own bass traps and was wondering if there are any other alternatives to fiberglass and rokwool. Foam is not a consideration as I don't believe it has the necessary qualities for absorption. I have heard of cotton batting, does anyone have experience with this material. The idea of fiberglass makes me itch just thinking about it, but I'm resigned to using it or rokwool if that's all I have.  Please make suggestions and let me know your experiences.

Thanks
Mike
zardozmike
Hello clearthink,

This is from an audio consultant named Bob Pariseau and he explains adding bass via subwoofers in the article linked below from his website.  He's in the 80-100 Hz camp.

https://bobpariseau.com/blog/2018/6/5/choosing-a-crossover-frequency-awesome-bass-begins-here

noble100
"
 This is from an audio consultant named Bob"

Bob has no data, no studies, no scientific tests, no listening tests, no researrch, no references, hey he's just like you - you must be Bob you gave yourself away! Richard Vandersteen on the other hand has actual calculated, scientific demonstrated success in explaining, showing, and establishing that not all bass is mono now who do you think we should believe you, yourself, and Bob or someone who actually has done the study, work and science!
Hello clearthink,

Okay, wiseguy.  There's lots of scientific White Papers on this subject from Dr. Earl Geddes, Dr. Floyd Toole and others.  These are easier to read, however.  I'd read them in order, Mehlau first and then the Dagogo interview with Geddes last.

https://mehlau.net/audio/multisub_geddes/

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=1047)

Later,
Tim
This is one of the weirdest fantasy land treads I've ever read on A-Gon.So much bad information that it should be deleted.  Magic thimbles as room treatment?  Shear pressures?  Electromagnetism in sound waves? 
Can't hear bass below 80hz?  That knuckle head needs to get his hearing checked.

MurphyTheCat nailed it.

OP, Read the tests on BobGold's site to get information about which materials work better at absorbing bass.  You are on the right track.  The source of the problem is the room.  Fix that. 
Ignore all the other blather about hocus pocus mystical forces at work.

noble100
"
Okay, wiseguy. There's lots of scientific White Papers on this subject from Dr. Earl Geddes, Dr. Floyd Toole and others. These are easier to read"

These are very nice links with lost of words and opinions but they are completely and entirely lacking any data, studies, scientific tests, listening tests, research, or references to support you're repeated claims that all bass below 100 or 80Hz is monophonic while conversely others have pointed you to such reliable, repeatable, reproducable data that is very strange that you cling to this notion and again I do not have a firm opinion on this matter but you have failed to support your claim with anything other than silly claims like "it has been shown" and "acousticians have long known" etc.