I'm 14 in a detached garage converted into a teenage playground with a waterbed, blacklights, SS Japanese silver behemoths,  and speakers hanging inside nets. Admit it you were there once. Anyone have thoughts on the nets as a viable option for speakers? (Can't believe I remember this....pretty hazy in that garage.) Joe
jpwarren58
Post removed 
Ah, the good old days. 16, HS junior, first job at McDonald's to save up enough money for a stereo. Bought it at the flagship Crazy Eddie's in Brooklyn, Cerwin Vega speakers (long since met their maker, but would likely still be welcome among today's 16 year olds, a Kenwood KR 5400 with 35 wpc and still functioning but in retirement, and a Dual 1228 tt just recently serviced to bring back to life since my son got into vinyl, but essentially only played and enjoyed by me. Set up in the basement along with a bean bag chair to listen to the Allman Brothers, and anything by the gods Clapton and Hendrix. The other associated equipment has gotten better, the range of musical styles expanded exponentially to include folk and blues along with equal parts jazz and classical/opera also, but the sheer pleasure and thrill of listening to wonderful music faithfully presented has always been a constant.
Ten years old. Listening to KLH speakers through a Fisher tube amp. Then, believe it or not,  reel—to-reel. Long gone, maybe a Tandberg?  We made the recordings from albums. 

My my dad used to keep the amp and turntable in a wooden chest. I’m surprised he didn’t start a fire. 
I remember playing my dads stereo (when my parents were away).Mountain, Uriah Heep, The Who, and Led Zeppelin. Pioneer speakers that doubled as plant stands for my mom.