The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
Cool thread , the Old Japanese amps rock . I have receivers, as I enjoy the aesthetics more . I have a Sansui 9090, Sansui 7070, Marantz 2223B. The lower powered Marantz pairs very well with my Zu Omens and Klipsch KG 1.5’s . The Sansui 7070 is paired with Klipsch Heresy II’s and the 9090 has enough power ( barely ) to match well with my JBL 4313A’s on Sound Anchor stands . As one person stated of being dismayed after a few weeks , I concur . But with the modest prices for this gear , I can rotate and also include my vintage tube gear . I once ran the Marantz 2223 with pre out to my Dynaco MK III’s. So it was Oppo 105 to Marantz to Dynaco to JBL . Actually sounded pretty nice . I also have the brown braided speaker cables from the 70’s ( brand escapes me ). My next adventure is to restore the 7070 even though it sounds decent . If it’s a big enough improvement , I’ll risk doing it on the pricier amps. Cheers , Mike . 
If it sounds great to you, then it’s s great. Don’t let any “expert” opinions convince you otherwise. You have achieved your own personal audio Nirvana. Enjoy it! If it fails, get it fixed, then enjoy it some more. 
ABSOLUTE best was small Sony FET integated , best sound I have ever heard .
schubert, now you have me curious. Any idea what the model name was on that FET integrated?
Great thread you all have you all  have  going on here. I am the original owner of a Nikko NA-890 integrated amp and it has  provided decades of solid musical enjoyment. The specs on it are pretty darn  good on her as well.
Specifications

Power output: 70 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.04% Lower than most  modern SS amps.

Damping factor: 60

Input sensitivity: 2.3mV (MM), 150mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 85dB (MM), 100dB (line)

Output: 150mV (line)

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω

Dimensions: 420 x 138 x 335mm

Weight: 11kg

I have it as part of my stereo set up in my large kitchen. It drives a  pair of Ohm L2s, with  brand new Ohm upgraded 8" woofers. My player  is a Yamaha CD S-2100, read my review on the  digital page, and I have a Black Jack Foz SS-X between them. I rarely ever turn it up to half the  volume as it gets  plenty loud.

I had it cleaned, as I  brought it out of storage about eight months ago, but did not consider to get it refurbished. @baranyi  thanks for the the recommendation about Puckerbrush Audio. I will email him and ask about his thoughts working on this unit.

I was think of  upgrading to a  brand  new  unit but if the refurbish work will give me the same, or better results I will stick with the Nikko. One great option not mentioned  yet was the loudness switch that these vintage units always had on them. For low volume listening it was also a must.

Now with the Foz SS-X I am no longer using the loudness switch, as it creates way to much bass when it it is on....did I just type that?!?

I have heard that many of these  vintage units are  heading  back to Japan and  China so if you come across something in great shape, for a great prices you should snatch it up. It was also very common that many of the major brands had many of the  same transformers, resistors, capacitors, etc. in their units so the base line  for quality was high, even for an entry level unit.

I love these  blog  posts by John Strohbeen, the owner of Ohm Speakers.

Here is a highly enjoyable one on the almost extinct loudness switch.
https://ohmspeaker.com/news/how-to-make-your-speakers-sound-great-at-high-and-low-levels/  

This one  mentions my favorite vintage speakers the Ohm H's, which are the mains in my HT rig.
https://ohmspeaker.com/news/best-bookshelf-speakers-of-the-golden-age-the-ohm-h/

He  has plenty of other great blog posts as well, so check them out. My  buddy, he owns a pair of Walsh 2's, and I are  hoping to  go  visit their listening room down in Brooklyn before summer's end.

Happy trials.