Turntable leveling

Pardon the possible obtuseness of the question, but - in the opinion of forum readers - how important to sound quality, LP and stylus wear is having my turntable precisely level? Try as I might, I can't get it <2 degrees from absolutely horizontal measuring with the Levlx iOS app though it looks good with a bubble gauge. I've looked online and I can't find a consensus opinion on this matter though I know the more level the better.
Thanks in advance,Keith
kacomess
@lewm 
Haha! “An ‘analog’ bubble level”
I laughed aloud at that. 
Not sure why it was funny to me, because it’s pretty much true.
If a little round bubble level doesn't give you perfect leveling, you're living too close to the North Pole.
@glennewdick We may have spoken about this before but there is an after-market unit called Easy VTA for Jelco arms.
A good while back I picked up three packs of ten cheapo bubble levels from eBay, just out of curiosity. From China of course. Ten tiny ones (7mm diameter), ten slightly larger (12mm) and ten "large" ones (32mm), all of the circular disc type, the large ones with several lines purporting to show degrees.

I tested them all against a calibrated spirit level I borrowed from a friend and the results were not great. Of the 7mm ones I kept 3, of the 12mm ones I kept 4 and of the 32mm ones I also kept 3. The remainder all had serious deviations and ended up in the garbage.

Just a FYI in case anyone has bought, or are considering buying the same. By all means do so, but don’t take their accuracy for granted and don’t rely on them before you’ve checked them against a verified spirit level.