Y No YG ?

Hi Everyone, 

It just occurred to me that I never see YG Acoustics mentioned. With exotic cabinets and driver manufacturing, I would think they'd be discussed as often as Wilson, B&W or Magico. 

Personally I haven't heard them, but I like their brochures! 

Best,

E
erik_squires
I actually think the Scan Speak Carmels are awesome.

Those two drivers are far far better than usually credited. The mid-woofer often appeared in WA designs, and the tweeter is beloved by many high end manufacturers from Sonus Faber to Krell, and for good reason.

I'm listening to the tweets, while I listen to the mid-woofers in the evening.

But, I'm sure Fritz or Taylor Acoustics could put them together for far cheaper. :) 

Best,

E
Going back to 2010, the YG Carmel was Absolute Sound’s Upper-End Loudspeaker of the Year. The Joseph Audio Pulsar was the Mid-Priced Loudspeaker of the Year. 
Wow Magico A3 better than Carmel? Was that carmel 2?

Any comparison between Sonja 2.2 and M6 or M3 ?

Too much lab, not enough listening?
One year at RMAF YG was distributing leaflets that they made the Best Speaker. Now as we English speakers know, The Best means there can be only One, so I figured it might be worth a listen :)

I brought a CD up to their room. I do not know the model, but it was a 2 1/2 way (tweeter, midrange and woofer, midrange mechanically crossed over).

The cut was the opening track of Peter Gabriel's 'Long Journey Home', the soundtrack for the Rabbit Proof Fence. There's a pretty big bass note in the first 30 seconds or so. When it hit, the midrange driver buzzed loudly(!) against the metal frame mounted in front of it. The amplifier, which was quite powerful, was putting out a bit of power and since there was no crossover to keep the bass out of the midrange, despite being mechanically crossed over, the midrange nevertheless had a lot of excursion.

I know of a number of speakers that can play that track effortlessly at a lot higher volume with less power. So I had to conclude that at that time at least, there wasn't only one.

Disclaimer: I've not heard any of their speakers since.
Interesting. Was curious about the track just mentioned. I’ve seen that posted before on agon. Just played it a few times at increasing volumes on yg Hailey 2.2s. Shook the house, and my dog didn’t like it, but barely closed the gap between the drivers and the front guard. Easily another another 1.5 inches in between.  That is a good test track albeit a bit spooky