How many 'listen outside of the box' design?

Whether I owned electrostats or open baffle designs the majority of my audio life I've owned boxless speakers. My choices were made in part due to a logic of removing a 'box' from the equation of having to interact with a room. The more I thought about it it seemed a very logical choice. Why enter a speaker into a box and then have to deal with the resonation of the speaker interacting with the box and the room? I'm not saying successful box designs haven't been built, what I'm suggesting is box designs seem a more complicated way to achieve true room integration. I've discovered, dollar for dollar, I've exceeded most box designs. How many think as I do, or have experienced similar results based upon experimentation?
128x128coltrane1
Rleff - just curious as to why you would move back to box speakers when you retire? I have Martin Logan Summits and love the open sound stage. Based on a post on this forum I recently moved the Summits about 8.5-9 feet apart with very interesting results. I thought i might end up with a hole in the middle of the stage where the left and right channel didn't quite come together. That did not happen the sound stage got bigger but did not lose any focus and the base was much stronger.
Sgunther- I would probally be selling the home and moving into a smaller living space; the soundlabs do need some room to work their magic as you probally have a similiar
experience with your Summits.
However if I do have the space and last another 17 years I would plan to keep them but odds are against me on that if feel;but if I win megaball then that all goes out the window.
I could listen 24/7 and never tire;how about your logan's? On your spacing do you toe them in at all?
On the box speakers I have owned; dunlavy scIII's were very similiar to the m2's;I could live with the dunlavy's with no regrets I feel.
Outside the box,!Try two different speakers, from two different companies as a stereo pair.Or two different speaker types as a stereo pair.
I'm a box guy but love the looks and idea of the boxless designs...truth be told, I have very limited exposure to boxless designs and have only heard them a handful of times. While I love the looks of them, I just could never get into the fact that they have such a small sweet spot, or where they just set up wrong? I've only listened to Maggies twice, ML's once and Apogee Centaur Minors once and that was a long, long time ago...think I'm way overdue to hear them again.
If you think Magnepans have a small sweet spot,then something was wrong with the set up you listened to.