Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
Doug,

Thanks for the compliments. This method is also used on my 2 channel tube system that consists of a pair of Omega HO Alnico towers, feed from a Modwright Sony 5400ES, a Don Sachs 65 watt Kootney amp paired with his SP14 linestage with all the bells and whistles to date.  

And of course 4  - EC 300s in place. 

The DSM added a little more clarity. The cabling had a greater impact with the solid state. Not sure why, but that's my assessment.
piouser, thank you for the additional information. Interesting that you found the SS to have a greater impact. That is the first time I have seen a distinction made between SS and Tube in regard to the degree of change with Schroeder Method. It will be interesting to see whether others have similar or different results in that regard. 
Has anyone here tried this out with Morrow cables? I have Morrow 4 and 5 level interconnects. If so, did you use a second pair of Morrows? I’m wondering if this works or is it the same as moving up to a higher level?
While I’m at it,,,, do you twist your cables together, run them attached to each other but not twisted, or keep them separated?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim, whatever you do, DO NOT COMBINE EVEN AND ODD NUMBERED PRODUCTS! ;)

Just kidding; there are people here who have only done homogenous sets and those who have done mixed sets, as well as mixing brands. The results seem to be uniformly good either way. As regards the run of the two cables, some twist them, some do not. I have tried the Clarity Cable Organic IC with one twist and tried them without the twist, and the difference did not pass my Law of Efficacy. In that case I discerned no difference between twisting them together and not. 

Frankly, imo doing the Schroeder Method typically raises the performance, even with moderately priced cables, beyond the best single IC the company can offer. 
I couldn’t help myself. I just had to try one leg, even though I am not ready and had to use some slightly better than generic Y splitters. I played a couple of songs with my current hook up to establish a base for the evening. Secondly, I hooked up just the original IC through the Y splitters and played the same songs. I have to tell you my first thought was this resulted in too much lost quality to make up. Lastly, I then hooked up the second cable, which I had laying around, and was flat out flabergasted by the leap in sound quality. No matching of cables, just a generic Y splitter and yet,,, WOW.
To me this kind of improvement is incredible because I am the polar opposite of the straight wire with gain, purists. My system is a quadraphonic system with equalization, DBX enhancement, additional tube preamps acting as tube buffers, and a dedicated subwoofer chain. So this test involved only one out of twelve interconnects I use in my system. One of the legs between my dac and my preamp.
When I actually get equipment together to do this right I think this is going to be amazing. I may get so carried away that I get a little crazy and try to combine an odd numbered Morrow IC with an even numbered Morrow IC. Damn the warning, full speed ahead!

Thanks,
Tim