beryllium vs diamond

Hi guys, today's technology has brought us a new type of tweeter made of diamond or beryllium. Do you know what are the strengths and weaknesses of diamond vs beryllium? Which one is the more expensive? Has today's dome tweeter better resolving power than the venerable electrostat? Jim Thiel once said that dynamic designs will be getting better all the time and will probably surpass electrostatic designs.
dazzdax
dazzdax
beryllium vs diamond

I don’t want to burst everyone’s Beryllium/Diamond bubble
These are just "dust coatings" adhered over the top of main diaphragm (usually polyprop) to aid in stiffening, trouble is they add mass to it also. I found this out when I saw a scratch on the Beryllium and saw milky clear plastic underneath on a pair of Yamaha 1000X

The only one I know of that used pure Beryillium forged/spun cones was one Yamaha speaker, the impossible to find http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-GF-1.html
All the other Yamaha’s were Beryllium deposited on polypropylene diaphragms.

Cheers George
Post removed 
@ctsooner  those carbon tweeters on the Vandys look extremely appealing. You make it sound like they have the detail of a magico but the ease of a Wilson ?
@elizabeth I really want to hear magnepans. Any recommendation for a specific model? This is for small to moderate size rooms.
Post removed