High end Cables not important for certain electronics?

I am a believer in using higher end cables for my gear. I have bought various types of cables over the years and have kept Audience, AudioQuest, and Virtual Dynamics (plus a few others) long term.

So I was interested to read the following Mola Mola quote when I was looking into the Mola Mola Makua preamp.

https://www.mola-mola.nl/makua.php  (click READ MORE)

The Makua is amazingly immune to influences like mains quality and choice of interlinks.

Are there other gear people have owned where the designers eschewed higher end cables? I am curious as to what aspect of the design leads to this type of statement.

yyzsantabarbara
I have the Mola Mola Kaluga / Makua and I purchased Inakustic Cables to go with them.  On another note, I have use the Synergistic Blue fuse on my tube amp to great results.  I am planning on adding the SR Blue to the Kaluga and Makua even though I was told by a Rep it would not really impact the sound.  
@willgolf How do you like the Makua? Can you compare it to any other preamps you have had in the past? Did you get the DAC module?
I also have the Makua with the DAC module. My system is an Innuos Zenith mk2 se / Makua w/DAC / Simaudio Moon 870a / YG Carmel2's. I went through several preamps and DAC's before I decided on the Makua. I absolutely love the Makua. The sound is very refined, detailed and a really good match for my Sim amp. The DAC decodes everything that is available and the fact that it is software based and can be upgraded via the internet through Mola Mola was one of the deciding factors for me. Space was an issue for me so I was looking for a 1 box solution (preamp/DAC). I also think only having to use 1 pair of analog interconnects (in an all digital system) is a plus, money wise and noise floor.  

As far as cables for the Makua, I did find that after market power cords did not make as much of a difference in SQ as they did for my other components, however interconnects did make huge difference.

My Mola Mola dealer allowed me a 2 week in-home demo with the Makua.....sealed the deal for me.

@ron17 Thanks for the feedback. I am also going to do a home demo of the Makua w/DAC using a Luxman m900u amp. I was told I may like that combo better than the already heard Luxman c900u/m900u combo. I like the idea of having 1 less box (eliminate the DAC).
YYZ --sorry that I can't tell you how I like the Makua yet.  I will say after talking to WorldwideSales - Robert, he convinced me that there is no better cable than the Inakustic for the Mola Mola.  I did not get the DAC.  I run a Lumin X-1 with a Synology 4TB NAS for all of my music.  The Lumin is fantastic and the APP is super user friendly.  I also purchased a Inakustic 3500P power conditioner from Robert.  Great Reviews on that component.  Next up is new speakers.  Driving to LA from AZ to listen to Piega Master Line Source 3 and YG Acoustics on Monday.