Your reference system?

What is or was your reference system that you have heard and why?

In recent years mine have been:

1) VAC amplification running Magico Mini speakers
2) Conrad Johnson amplification driving Quad ESLs
3) all mbl system driving mbl 111s

128x128mapman
My main system for loud listening (88-100 db at listening place):

Bluesound 2 digital out -> Dspeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 -> ATC 150 SL active.

Will eventually change the Anti-Mode for a Trinnov or an Anthem ARC.

The ATC makes you relax at 95-100db. What would beat them? Maybe the 300 version.

Total cost $7,500 bought used. That also included an ATC preamp I donā€™t use..
What was selected by Dave Gilmour, Diana Krall, Tom Petty, Doug Sax, Sting, Roger Waters, Gordon Holt, Telarc, Mark Knopfler, Ian Anderson, Enya, Beck, The Rolling Stones, Jack White, Kate Bush, Joe Satriani, The Killers, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots, Omar Hakim, Beka Fleck, Deadmau5, and chosen by over half of the top recording studios in the world.

I rely on a huge number of experts who know more about tonal accuracy and reference sound then I ever could in a million lifetimes. When it comes to ā€œreferenceā€ quality you canā€™t rely on your limited knowledge and experience and personal taste - you got to respect the opinion of industry legends and recording titans.
@slaw

My ears are equally delighted by what experienced money no object experts go for. If I was to enter F1 as a rookie race car driver, I would accept the decisions of the experts on the Mercedes team too! Nobody has a monopoly on good hearing but experts have all the experience and know-how.