Are Martin Logan’s what they used to be?

I had a pair of Vista’s that sounded very good, amazing actually with vocals but they were always in need of maintenance. Replaced panels... both woofers... ML admitted the 8’s were an issue. 

I have AA 10t’s now and miss the Logan staging etc. I am in no way disappointed with the AA’s but just wondering about the new ML lineup. 

Opinions and facts are welcome.
128x128captbeaver
captbeaver,

Don't forget that the $17,000 USD price includes a Magtech amplifier, which costs $5,500 USD.
The friend I bought the 10t’s from wanted to almost give me a pair with amp... no one really wanted them so the price was ridiculous... after the ML disaster I wasn’t going down that road again.

I agree that the ML's were weak with rock and harder funk... female vocals and jazz were the comfort zone for the Vista's. I will say I hooked them up with my HT and the ML's were amazing at least! 

Two channel had it's genre limits imho
Re mijostyn's claim that Roger Sanders designed the ML curved ESL panels:
No.... that was Gayle Sanders.
It is confusing that there are two Sanders in the ESL world.... But let's give Gayle the credit here.

Actually, Roger Sanders *DOES* claim to be the inventor of curved electrostatic panels in the late 70's (see his FAQ page here), but he subsequently decided that flat ESL panels sounded better.  Gayle MARTIN Sanders (along with Ron LOGAN Sutherland) were the co-founders of Martin-Logan.   I believe their first ESL, the Monolith, actually featured a flat panel, but they subsequently embraced the curved approach.  Both approaches have their merits.