Why I like my home system better than live music

Not sure which forum to place this, but since speakers are the most important in the audio chain besides the room, I'll start here. I know most audiophiles including me set live music as the reference to guage reproduced music in their homes. But I've come to the conclusion I enjoy my home system better than most live music. I can count on one hand musical venues that I think absolutely outclasses any system I've heard, but in most cases live music is just sounds bad. Is it just me who feels this way?
dracule1
Rrog, I used to think like you too, but my experience has taught me you don't need to compare your system to live music to enjoy your system. When I listen to reproduced music, I don't think to myself "Wow, I wonder how it sounds live". I just enjoy. Although I attend live music on most weekends, often I find live music is not that enjoyable. So don't get so hung up on live music. It's not the end all, be all to enjoy music. Again, you gave your opinion, as I have.
Irvrobinson, I agree with you. Live amplified music almost always sounds bad. I go to Austin often to hear live rock, blues and jazz bands, and most of the time I have to leave because my ears can't take the aural assault. But some of the most enjoyable live music I've heard are from solo musicians playing sax or singing with a simple acoustic or electric guitar at subway stations and at steps of city hall in Boston. Another nice place to listen to unamplified live music is Memorial Hall at Harvard University:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Hall_(Harvard_University)
" I've only heard two speakers *ever* that got cymbals just right,"

Which two?

Thanks!
My Bose 901s did cymbals just right as long as cymbals were made of aluminum foil :)