New speakers from Martin Logan, Ethos $6495

I was just looking around at speakers and saw the new Ethos on Martin Logan's site. I have not heard anything about them but they seem very similar to the spire but use a smaller 8" woofer and an 8" passive radiator.
The panel is smaller and only 9.2 inches wide compared to the Spire's 11.3" panel.

It seems like an odd price point/model for them. I would think it would eat into the Spire sales. But I guess it could sound a lot better than the Vantage which always seemed to have bass issues to my ears (port noise/boom).

Anyway here is a link, they look very nice.
Ethos
james63
i have lived with these ethos speakers for almost one year now and all i can say is that in my room and with my gear this is one incredible sounding speaker system. i have owned conventional box speakers as well as magnepan 1.6 and 3.6 and to my ears these are far far superior. great job ml!!
Garyjo is correct with the augmentation of the passive radiator it for sure is an improvemnts over the Vantage the mid bass is more linear and sounds pretty dam good for $6k it will beat any $10k conventional speaker out there in a lot of ways .I go over my freinds often and he has vacuum tube as well as solid state and it is very good.
I won't argue the point with Nsgarch the big sound labs A1 are the best out there. The reengineered Apogee Ribbbon is also Very good,I owned the mini grandsin the 90s .
My beef with ML is there price to performance ratio isnt that good anymore IMO. Not just that, the fact so many have to replace panels every 6 years made me loose interest in ML.

The speaker that caught my eye is the new electromotion for 2k. That might be what ML needs to gain popularity like it once had.
The 2k Electromotion panel is a very good speaker and beats many speakers at more than 2x this and is speaker of the year in at least 2 publication. For the record after Gayle Sanders sold the company and for a few years it went through transition and had some problems. I can say now for the record Their Reference series is now all hand built in the U.S and they just built a state of the art facility
in Canada that speakers such as these Electromotion series
are made and the QC is Very good.