What are the best small not bookshelf speakers?

Ahhh yes..... I am fighting the all mightly WAF factor. We have two rooms that we would like to install speakers in. One is 18x14 and the other 14x11. In wall is a no go.... and bookshelves are also a bit big for her taste. So I am left with maybe gallo, orb, or? They must have some asthetics, but not manditory. She would love them to just "fit in" with the rest of our furniture.

I am also looking for the right integrated that has a zone 2 feature. Maybe Arcam Solo or the Cambridge Mini? Any thoughts?

I am stuck here folks, HELP ME OUT!!!
rkerv
Check out the Vienna Schoenberg (gloss black) on-wall speaker. I chose them for use in our HT room, primarily based on their appearance, but they sound very good. If your decor ruuns to the contemporary, these are likely to get a big "thumbs up" from your other half. The caveat: we use them with (hidden) subwoofers - HT and all that.

Good Luck,

Marty
I too am thinking about down sizing. Currently have the ML Source and have been thinking about the Sonus Faber Toy. Two different animals, I know. A Condo with fairly small room with tricky corner placement. I also can't play too loud,hence the reasoning for the Sonus Faber monitors.
I'll be complementing it with a REL sub.
Tell her a tree gave it's life for the beautiful furniture grade cabinet, rumor has it the owner of the speaker store is in foreclosure, his puppy died and his wife needed the (your) money for electrolysis. If that doesn't do it I would look for anew place to live.....

05-06-12: Frommerstop
Maybe go the other way, and look at speakers that ARE furniture. Klipschorns?

... or Tannoy Westminster Royal SE, JBL Paragon ...

My local dealer has a pair of Tannoy Westminsters set up. That's one effortless-sounding speaker.