What are the best small not bookshelf speakers?

Ahhh yes..... I am fighting the all mightly WAF factor. We have two rooms that we would like to install speakers in. One is 18x14 and the other 14x11. In wall is a no go.... and bookshelves are also a bit big for her taste. So I am left with maybe gallo, orb, or? They must have some asthetics, but not manditory. She would love them to just "fit in" with the rest of our furniture.

I am also looking for the right integrated that has a zone 2 feature. Maybe Arcam Solo or the Cambridge Mini? Any thoughts?

I am stuck here folks, HELP ME OUT!!!
rkerv
LOL! I was just reading through the responses and they had me laughing. I actually have my dedicated listening room with my Dynaudio 1.3SE's, 2 Velodyne DD10's and a host of outboard gear and amps. So renegotiation isnt going to happen. I wouldnt say that I would be critical listening; but I dont need the BOSE crap that makes me cringe when listening to music. This setup will not be for TV; only music. She just doesnt want stands hanging around the room. She prefers them to be up in the corners of the room and wired in from the ceiling. Maybe... just MAYBE.... she will let them sit on a table if they are not too big. I am also able to put in a sub, it just needs to be hidden away.
So, should we concentrate on those that hang around in bars (sorry couldn't resist that one). Seriously, though, that would unavoidably mean a 2.1 satellite system such as the Cabasse Eole2, wouldn't it? Hopefully you'll find a place for the mandatory sub then, have a look here
http://www.cabasse.com/en/range/oceo/eole2
Similar products can be had from KEF etc., I guess.
Good luck
In that case, the Mirage omnidirectional satellites and a sub would work out well. Their Omnisat OS3-Sat can be positioned very close to the walls or corners, and yet projects a deep soundstage even there. It's deeper when away from the walls a bit, but actually sounds very good when hanging from the wall. Mirage makes a variety of good subs that mate well with it, including the very compact (9" cube) MM-8 powered sub with dual passive radiators. Martin-Logan subs mate very well with these Mirages as well.

If you want a little more oomph from the satellites, maybe your wife wood agree to the floorstanding version, the Omnisat OS3-FS. It's a floorstander, but the column is only 5.5" wide and 6.125" deep. Still works best with a sub for full range performance. This model can really fill a room.

On closeout is the satellite version of their discontinued OMD series, the OMD-5, available in figured maple, gloss black, or rosewood. These were originally $800/pair but Vann's is closing them out at $360/pair. I have the floorstanding version of this speaker and it's really excellent. The midrange and tweeter on this unit is competitive with much more expensive speakers. Transparent, fast, yet smooth and natural, fills a room with a very wide sweet spot devoid of hot spots and suckouts. With a good sub this system would really rock out and be nearly invisible at the same time.

You can get wall-mount brackets for those OS3-Sat satellites. These should work. I used a pair just like it for my 1st-gen. Mirage Omnisats.
Check out the Vienna Schoenberg (gloss black) on-wall speaker. I chose them for use in our HT room, primarily based on their appearance, but they sound very good. If your decor ruuns to the contemporary, these are likely to get a big "thumbs up" from your other half. The caveat: we use them with (hidden) subwoofers - HT and all that.

Good Luck,

Marty
I too am thinking about down sizing. Currently have the ML Source and have been thinking about the Sonus Faber Toy. Two different animals, I know. A Condo with fairly small room with tricky corner placement. I also can't play too loud,hence the reasoning for the Sonus Faber monitors.
I'll be complementing it with a REL sub.