What are the best small not bookshelf speakers?

Ahhh yes..... I am fighting the all mightly WAF factor. We have two rooms that we would like to install speakers in. One is 18x14 and the other 14x11. In wall is a no go.... and bookshelves are also a bit big for her taste. So I am left with maybe gallo, orb, or? They must have some asthetics, but not manditory. She would love them to just "fit in" with the rest of our furniture.

I am also looking for the right integrated that has a zone 2 feature. Maybe Arcam Solo or the Cambridge Mini? Any thoughts?

I am stuck here folks, HELP ME OUT!!!
rkerv
Is there a room that you can mess with without WAF at play? if so go TV speakers in other room and watch movies in your room. I had WAF mini-issues until she heard her favorite movies with the full monty. Now the system is in the living room. never know.
I faced a similar situation. Monitor speakers weren't going to work for my wife, no matter how attractive I thought they were. I went with the Gallo Micro TI with their MPS-150 sub. Is it super hi-end sound? No. But it is very good for TV and really good for music as long as you're not doing critical listening. I have the dedicated room for that.
If you go with the Gallo speakers and would like a pair of the stands let me know. My wife said no way to the speakers on those stands. Looked too much like "The War Of The Worlds."
Totem Sttaf! Compact, small footprint, nice to look at, and sound great in that size room. n You can get them in different color veneer to blend with your other furnishings.
These threads always spawn a deluge of different suggestions and speculations. It would be nice at this point if the OP would weigh in again to clarify a few things: Would the wife consider an esthetically pleasing speaker from Sonus Faber, copycat Usher, or Totem?

What does "bookshelf speakers are too big" mean? Some stand mount speakers are pretty small. Usher Be-718s (Tiny Dancers) are about 10x16". The Sumiko Toy monitor is about 7.5"x10.5" and a little over $1K/pair.

And how is she about adding a low profile sub? That would make a major difference in what sort of satellite speaker you could live with. Sumiko markets a Toy surround system mated to the REL T1 sub. Read the review here.

The Toy monitors plus REL sub come in around $2300 full list price.