An Audiophile is Anyone Who Loves Audio Regardless of Monetary Status. Agree?

One group should not be allowed to monopolize the term above another as their own status symbol. you i and anyone else who likes audio can be considered an audiophile regardless of the size of your bank account. 
vinny55
@vinny55 :  "With all the auto analogies @n80 you should be selling used cheap scrapyard 70s cars instead of commenting on audio forums."

For the first time in this thread you might be right.

"Your comments are not taken seriously by anyone except the very few."

I can live we that.

" As long as someone has the audio sound mindset they can be an audiophile."

Let's apply that logic to other things in this fantasy world:

I play a doctor on TV, therefore, I am a doctor.

I am passionate about space travel, therefore I am an astronaut.

I have never been on a boat but I love luxury yachts, therefore I am a luxury yachtsman.

I read Air and Space Magazine, therefore I am a pilot.

I watch pro football every Sunday, therefore I am a pro football player.

What a great world you must live in where every one has the exact same opportunities and capabilities. It must be magical..............as long as you keep your tinfoil hat on.
@N80 i have multifaceted interests not just audio. Ive read about and owned lots of equipment and thousands of records cassettes and cds. Audio is a big passion of mine. 
@han_n thats not the true definition of being an audiophile. Thats your interpretation not shared by everyone.
Audio is sound philia from greek love of?
Some go to the extreme some are in the middle some less but doesnt make them lesser lover of audio
@han_n

agreed... audiophiles are on a quest to optimize their system, based on the budget given. To optimize my very small budget, I chose speaker stands to put my KEF LS50 Wireless on, instead of investing an additional $300-$500 on my SVS interconnects(spent $75). This choice was based on my learnings about listening position, speaker placement, and law of diminishing returns on cables/components. Also understanding the limitations of my listening room allowed me to understand where I can best spend my money.

I have to completely disagree with the member who used the “sports car aficionado” comparison. Definitions of aficionado and enthusiast are basically the same. An audiophile is an enthusiast, not a trained expert. And a sports car aficionado is just an enthusiast or lover of cars, which is my other wallet crippling hobby. 

There is nothing in either definition, that prevents any person from having passion and interest about a subject, and this includes audio gear. I might not own a $100K system, but I certainly might attend an audio show for $25 to listen to and talk about what is being showcased.

Again, it is the quest, not the end result, that makes you an audiophile.