High end tube Preamp under $4k used that competes

with or betters the Cary SLP 05. (is there such a preamp?) Looking for suggestions in a tubed preamp on the used market to go with a solid state amplifier (60k ohm input impedance).

This preamp should have:
1. the bass, heft, weight, solidity of the SLP 05

2. clarity and highs that are crisp and extended/ not rolled off

3. some tube sound/ as opposed to solid state

4. some warmth yet detailed

5. dynamics

Thanks
foster_9
Trcnetmsncom, please pardon me if I offer my opinion. There is always a price one pays for being both an audiophile and a manufacturer at the same time. IOW I participate in these forums because I enjoy audio. Foster_9 asked a question that I had a ready answer to- that of reliability.

I believe the rest of my answer (proceeded by FWIW, which means 'For What Its Worth') was also correct to the best of my knowledge. You might try the audition yourself someday- I did exactly that slightly over a week ago so it is particularly fresh for me.

Again **FWIW**, this issue of bass as listed in the opening of this thread is a recurrent theme in the realm of tube preamps. I happen to prefer tubes, but the bass issue was a problem for me as well- I started playing string bass in bands and orchestra in the 7th grade. So it seemed to me a logical thing to develop a direct-coupled output on a tube preamp, and having done so I am always wondering why more manufacturers don't also do it (although we do control the patent on how we do it, there are other ways...).
Trcnetmsncom- I don't see what you are objecting to from atmasphere's input as there is no sales pitch involved to purchase any product Ralph's company sells.
He is giving a comparsion of his pre amp to another's pre amp based on a design implemented in his product and not in the Bat pre amp;a fact worth knowing if deciding to spend what to me is a pretty fair amout of $$$ and trying to get the best product you can buy;both products are probally excellant choices as well and the extra piece of information may help the decision easier in my opinion.
get yourself a Atmasphere mp3 or mp1 mk3.3.  Either one you can’t go wrong.   Both preamp is incredible; overall best deal you can get.  That is coming from a person that owns Cat, Jadis, Audionote and Aesthetix.  You will not be disappointed!