Can we finally put Reel to Reel out of its misery? Put it to rest people.

The format is dying and too expensive to repair properly. Heads wear out so easy and many out there are all worn.
High quality technicians are either retired or long gone. Its such an inconvenient format that can be equalled by nakamichi easily in tape decks.
Retire it please put them in museums. 
vinny55
I used to listen to 8 tracks on a Wollensak tape made in U.S.A. tape deck through Stax electrostatic headphones. Was that wrong?
So many gave up on the  turntable when the CD format arrived look now a true audiophile brings back that format and look at how many old and new MFGS ARE thriving..
tubes another Format was almost gone  when the transistor arrived...again a industry that is going strong.. i will never insist anyone to change there preference of equipment but bring your favorite LP, TAPE, DAC, DIGITAL FORMAT AND SIT DOWN AND A/B tube and transistor .   I’ve owned quite a few high line transistor amps / preamps . But I just love that sound a-tube producers   A TEAC 10R R/R  my VPI TURNTABLE.. and yes   I do own a CD player and it’s a jolida  100 ( 3 12AX7, 3 12At7. Tubes it’s heaven 

I just rebuilt a wollensak 8075 cruel format , but I love that format and my wife and I play our treasured collections, her system is a Dynaco stereo 416 I just rebuilt, Dyanco PAS 4 just upgraded all tubes and caps. VPI prime TURNTABLE JOLIDA 100 CD player and Klipcsh  Reference RP- 8060FA speakers..
Post removed