Class A Solid State Sound

Would someone kindly describe the differences in class A sound of Pass XA.8 series, Accuphase A-70/75 series, and Gryphon class A amplifiers. Does much or any of the differences relate to mosfet (Pass and Accuphase) or bipolar (Gryphon)  output devices?  Thank you!

audiobrian
I have heard great examples of both types. It is interesting that Atma-sphere amps have been forgotten in this discussion. They are class A OTLs Tube amps and many say better than any type of class A SS amp.
They all get hot so why not have a little glow with it? 
Post removed 
Mijostyn: I enjoyed your Under Seige II reference to assumptions.

As a close alternative to large class A SS amplifiers, the GamuT series of class AB amplifiers with 1 large industrial
size mosfet per phase (2 large NPN mosfets per channel) also provides a full organic sound.

Thanks to all respondents!
Kosst I think Ralph would give you a huge argument on that one. It has to do with the relationship between sensitivity and efficiency which are not the same. Anyway, he says his amps drive low impedance loads just fine. He has several amps on Wilsons and the owners love them.  
The best way to buy an amp is to listen to it in your system which highlights the value of local outlets. We use to take amps to peoples houses all the time and leave them for up to a week. We would install them in the system and make sure all was OK then pick it up a week later. We would do the same with smaller speakers. Larger speakers you had to listen to at the store but we would hook up whatever electronics you wanted to the system.  This was all by appointment. It is a travesty that most of these stores have failed. They had to become theater outlets for wealthy people but many of them were in areas where there were not many wealthy folks or the theater thing did not catch on in time to save them. But, you can't listen to an amp on the internet. Some manufacturers understanding this allow 30 day in home trials gambling that the customer will keep the amp.
Ralph if you are listening I think you should build one of each model for in home trial purposes with a full deposit on the amp which will cut off people who are really not interested. Also make the customer responsible for return shipping. Granted tossing MA-3s around would be.........difficult. But, I think MA-2s would give them a solid idea of what they would get. People  who are looking at the MA-3s are power hungry
They won't settle for a measly 220 watts. That would be me:) That would make the decision to plop $147k on amps easier. I also have another idea. You should have customers with your amps in acceptable and presentable systems bird dog for you. Have people interested in your equipment make appointments with your "bird dogs" to listen to the amps. If they capture the customer give them a fixed fee for their involvement or a percentage of the sale. That might be cheaper than shipping amps all over the country. Just a thought. The Atma-Sphere mini dealer program:)))

Post removed