So just how much vinyl do YOU own?

Let's hear some numbers!

And when do you think you might have enough to last your lifetime?

Or is it like horsepower ... Too much is never enough!

Do you have regular clearouts or just keep adding until the floorboards start to creak!

All just for fun people!
128x128uberwaltz
Pgaulke.

Yep I got that topic covered too.

Old thread I started maybe a year ago,nobody posted on it for quite a while though
Uberwaltz,

Good question.  I’m not sure I have a good answer.
One reason is that the majority are in a hard to get at location.
Another reason is I’m listening to a lot more CDs these days.
Not enough time to do it all.

Uberwaltz,

Good question.  I’m not sure I have a good answer.
One reason is that the majority are in a hard to get at location.
Another reason is I’m listening to a lot more CDs these days.
Not enough time to do it all.

Oh dear, just found this thread. I guess I am a collector, though I only keep records I think I would want to hear again someday. Last time I counted I was around 14,000 pieces of vinyl and 9000 CDs.I try not to keep duplicates though it is difficult. About the only thing in which I am not interested is easy-listening though I might have a couple of borderline items. The biggest chunk of what I have is rock'n'roll but I like blues, jazz, folk, classical, and a pretty wide variety of musics from other cultures. The bulk of what I have is on the third floor of the house that used to be the hang out of my teenaged children back when they still lived at home and were teenagers. For music originating from around 800-1100 A.D. on to about 1960 it is filed by historical date of origin (not necessarily by release date or recording date. After 1960 it is more or less alphabetical until 1991 when it changes to age again. Oh dear can we say crazy! My wife says that my records are one of only 2 reasons we still live in this big of a house (when we moved to Portland from Los Angeles more than 25 years ago we either had to pay capital gains taxes or but a big house). My daughter still plays vinyl but my son only streams or downloads music. Still he also wants to be able to through my recordings when I am gone. While it would be nice to have the whole collection preserved, I doubt I will care.