Rega RP3 or Mofi Studio Deck ?

Has anyone heard both of these and have opinions of a comparison between the two ?
robert53
Can't go wrong with a Linn. I had a cheap project Debut 3 as my entry back into vinyl. It was one of the newer ones and you could change interconnects. Great for the price but moving up to the Mofi was a drastic difference. The Classic was another table I was interested in but I went for the Mofi. Project and Rega make good stuff. I also checked out Clearaudio, but you need really good isolation as you do with some  Rega tables. My Debut 3 worked perfectly sitting on my rack but I had to add the Auralax platform because of footfall problems with the Mofi. Good luck.
I don't hear any difference in sound using the Auralax with the Mofi. It sound the same as it did without the platform. I first tried some inexpensive isolation blocks, they helped a little with the footfall problem, but I noticed a slight loss of transparency. I have it sitting on a Standesign rack with spikes on the bottom, and the top shelf is spiked too, for a turntable. Yes, I'm enjoying it. Slaw, if you have any advice about better isolation, let me know, but for now it's ok.
The Rega Planar 3—the current model—lists for about $1000. The  power supply is optional and lists for $395, totaling $1395.  The next model up, the Planar 6, lists for $1595 and includes a power supply which is better than the Planar 3’s optional one. It also has many other improvements over the Planar 3.  To me, the only reason they get the Planar 3 is if you don’t want the power supply and need to save money.  If you want a power supply, it’s well worth spending $200 more for the superior Planar 6.