Kef LS50 Wireless Firmware update

I got some Kef LS50 Wireless speakers a few days ago and am wondering if I need to do any firmware updates to the speaker or if on initial setup, this was done...

Forgive my ignorance on the subject.  Also, it seems like a pain / gamble to update anything that is already working properly (apple...).  If its not broken, well, I can break it in order to spend the next week trying to get back to square one :-p
128x128b_limo
Usually updating the firmware includes updated features so doing an update in not necessarily a bad thing with the KEF.  I have the same speakers and always update when the new firmware does out.  
does anyone know how to correctly do the firmware update-? the instructions on KEFs site are wrong and don't work. They say to turn off the speaker, then hold the + button (which you can't see once it's turned off) then touch the power button once and continue holding the + button until the power button starts flashing REd to Green (having the USB cable to my Mac laptop attached of course). You can't hold the + button while the speaker is off; if you turn on the speaker and then hold the + button all it does is ramp up the volume. Super frustrating as the speakers wont work without the update - and its Saturday night with no tech support.