adding second set of speakers

righto mates, feeling a bit saucy today. the mission if you choose to accept it..
...integrate a second set of speakers in my low-fi setup. i currently have AirPulse Model 1 powered monitors. My previous set of monitors are the mighty JBL LSR 305 Mkl.. now, how would I set up both sets of monitors at the same time? Set the JBL's upside down on top of the Model 1's? Tweeter to tweeter? or is there another setup worth exploring. I am running XLR cables so I have to make some Y cables to hook both sets of monitors...
canibefrank
@metman 
dude, I am an avowed horn guy, but I really like the Model 1 AirPulse. I was looking for an upgrade from the JBL LSR 305, and these Model 1's are exactly that... better drivers- the midrange is transparent and the ribbons are way extended, better timber and tone when adjusted correctly and you should hear electronic music on these ... WOW¡!¡! I think my next step up will probably be JBL LSR 708p and a swarm sub setup. I think that the Model 1 is probably the best you can do for $900 a pair new... the JBL LSR 705p would be the next step up in price-used
Got mine for the intro price of $795.00 and really do like them.  I was fortunate enough to find a pair of Platinum Audio Ref 1's for sale locally (another Phil Jones creation) and can't believe how good these sound.  They're about twenty years old but these are in a different league altogether and the bass is even better and more extended if you can believe that but no plans on selling the Model ones and probably going to be listening to them over the weekend.  There's definitely something to be said about less cabling and component clutter as that's why I took a flyer on the Model one's to begin with.  Glad I did
@metman
i have been a bit libertine in my placement of the Model 1’s... getting them a bit to far apart and far away from me ears... how do you have them placed? Currently, my Model 1 placement has no back wall boundary.. they are floating in space ¡!

i cannot get into the amplifier game right now so whatever i listen to has to have amplification. if it all goes to hell i can always pick up some PA boxes with amp guts and run those from a great DAC and get the MP's on high alert
well, if i was drinkin or something
Mine are in our family room which doubles as a dining room so my options are limited. The left  speaker is approx 2’ from the side wall and 3’ from the rear wall. There’s no side wall for the right speaker and it’s  3’ from the rear wall   The rear wall ends close to that speaker and opens into the kitchen. Speakers are 6-8’ apart. The room is 18’x20’ with a vaulted ceiling and needless to say no room treatments.  I really have to try limiting all the cabling that’s why I went the active route 
      I really love the Reference ones but until a I get a streamer I’ll be listening to the Model ones which i really have no issue with

@metman 
how do you have the Model 1 hooked up to source? I am using MacBook Pro > Audirvana > PreSonus USB DAC > XLR to LSR 305 subwoofer > xlr to Model 1. I tried the AptX bluetooth and it works. I never really listened to the bluetooth connect enough to get real objective, I just noticed that it seemed inferior. On the other hand, the onboard TI DAC sounded better than the PreSonus but I cannot integrate a sub if I use the onboard DAC with the only available DAC connection, Optical input or digital Coax.